Help with a variety of service projects that help people locally and globally:
– Create shoes from blue jeans for children and make medical kits for people in Uganda through Sole Hope.
– Color pictures to be sent to seniors in nursing homes; the homebound; veterans; and service men and women through Color-a-Smile.
– Put bookplates in books that will be donated to Scandia Elementary School, River Grove, and Marine Community Library.
– Sew pads and create health kits for girls in Africa through Days for Girls so they can go to school.
– Assemble sensory kits for children and teens with Sensory Processing Disorder or Autism for Hardwood Creek Library and the Washington County Library system.
– Create care bags for children with cancer through Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
– Sew diapers from t-shirts for newborns in third-world countries through Global Health Ministries.
– Color birthday cards for children recovering from trauma or loss due to a natural disaster through Camp Noah.
Bring items to donate:
o Non-perishable food for the Scandia-Marine Food Shelf.
o Crayons (can be broken) that will be melted and re-shaped into large crayons for children with special needs through SCARCE.
o Eyeglasses for the Lions Recycle for Sight program and hearing aids the Lions Hearing program that will be repaired and given to those in need.
o Supplies for Metro Deaf School in St. Paul: yellow post-it notes, tissues, clear glass marbles (1/2” diameter), file folders, regular and scented Play-Doh, googly eyes (for arts and crafts), black Sharpie markers, black washable markers, and Apple iPads.
o LEGOs for children in need involved with Teach for America and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston.