Scandia Taco Daze is a community celebration in its 45th year. The vendor area is an opportunity for local artists, businesses, and non-profits to share their work with the community. There are several changes this year to Taco Daze, and they are in a large blue font below.
Please read the following details carefully:
- The date for the 2020 Taco Daze has changed to the third Saturday in September: September 19th.
- The cost of a vendor booth is $40 (this includes non-profits that are selling products and fundraising) and the cost for the farmers’ market is $20. There is no fee for non-profits that are simply sharing information about the organization. Vendors are welcome to purchase two booth spaces for $80 ($40 for the farmers’ market and non-profits that are selling products or fundraising).
- There are a limited number of spaces available; and they are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you know you want to participate in Taco Daze as a vendor, please submit your application right away.
- Your business will be included in advertising if your application is received and approved by June 30, 2020. A special edition of The Country Messenger will be devoted to Taco Daze.
- The vendor area is open from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Space will be assigned by the Taco Daze Committee. Set-up time is Saturday from 7:00-9:45 a.m. Everyone must be set-up and open from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The set-up is in the grassy area outside the community center. Please make sure your booth space is secure. There are no early take-downs.
- Participants are responsible for collecting and paying all Minnesota sales tax. Fill out and return the attached “Operator Certificate of Compliance” with your application. No application can be processed without this form completed and signed. A Minnesota tax ID number is available from the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 651-282-5225 or taxes.state.mn.us.
- Participants must provide their own booth, display, and tables.
- All artists and crafters must exhibit their own booth, display, and tables.
- All artists and crafters must exhibit original work made by the artists – no mass-produced, franchised, or flea market items, please.
- Food vendors must obtain all food permits prior to the day of the event. For questions, call the Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment at 651-430-6655.
- Cancellation policy: no fees will be returned after August 1st. All cancellations must be in writing.
- No pets are allowed. Service dogs are the only exception.
- Bathrooms and concessions will be located nearby.
- Taco Daze will be held rain or shine so please plan for all weather conditions. No refunds will be made for bad weather.
- The Taco Daze Committee is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage.
- Please clean up after yourself at the end of the day.