What can my family do as Lions?
What you do will depend on the needs of the community and the interests of the Scandia-Marine Lions Club members. Your family may have opportunities to help:
- organize a triathlon to promote exercise, well-being, friendship, and fun
- participate in a Lions youth exchange program and meet Lions from around the world at international conventions
- plant trees at a park or care for community gardens
- encourage children in your school to learn about peace through the Lions International Peace Poster Contest
- help young people develop life skills and positive values through school-based youth-development programs
- provide leadership with the Forest Lake-Scandia Leo Club —a club for 12-18 year old youth who have fun together doing meaningful service-learning projects
- collect used eyeglasses to be recycled and distributed to people in need around the world
- collect used cell phones for a domestic abuse shelter
Why volunteer through the
Scandia-Marine Lions Club?
Your family can accomplish more when you work together with others.
The Scandia-Marine Lions Club offers a number of community service projects you can participate in, or you can work with other Lions to develop new programs that interest you.
Who are Lions?
Today’s Lions are men, women, and families who have fun volunteering together and share the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
Lions are a network of 1.3 million people in over 200 countries and geographic areas around the world who work together to improve our world.
14727 209th Street North
2nd Thursday – 8:00 AM Breakfast
4th Thursday – 6:30 PM Dinner
PO Box 151
Scandia, MN 55073