Scandia Taco Daze is a community celebration in its 47th year. The vendor area is an opportunity for local artists, businesses, and non-profits to share their work with the community. The following are details:
- The cost of a vendor booth (with 10 frontage feet) is $60 and the cost for the farmers’ market is $30. The fee for non-profits that are selling items is $60 and for those not selling items it is free. Vendors are welcome to purchase two booth spaces for $120 ($60 for the farmers’ market).
- There are spots for six food trucks/trailers. The fee is $125.
- There are a limited number of spaces available for vendors and food trucks; and they are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you know you want to participate in Taco Daze, please submit your application right away.
- Booth spaces and food truck placement is assigned by the Taco Daze Vendor Chair to allow for the best product mix and traffic flow. Each vendor will receive their location upon arrival at Taco Daze. Having a booth space at a past Taco Daze does not guarantee that a vendor will have the same space the next year.
- Your business will be included in advertising if your application is received and approved by June 30, 2023. A special edition of The Country Messenger will be devoted to Taco Daze.
- The vendor area is open from 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Set-up time is Saturday from 7:00-9:45 a.m. All vehicles must be out of the parking lot by 9:00 a.m. Everyone must be set up and open from 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. The set-up is in the grassy area outside the community center. We may have an additional lot as well and will determine that in the coming months. Please make sure your booth space is secure. There are no early take-downs.
- Participants are responsible for collecting and paying all Minnesota sales tax. Fill out and return the attached “Operator Certificate of Compliance” with your application. No application can be processed without this form completed and signed. A Minnesota tax ID number is available from the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 651-282-5225 or https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/minnesota-tax-id-requirements
- Participants must provide their own booth, tent weights, display, and tables.
- All artists and crafters must exhibit original work made by the artists – no mass-produced, franchised, or flea market items, please.
- Electricity is not available this year. Quiet generators are permitted. If a generator is too loud or disruptive, vendors will be asked to make other arrangements and/or be removed from Taco Daze without a refund.
- Food vendors must obtain all food permits prior to the day of the event. For questions, call the Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment at 651-430-4037.
- The 2015 MN Cottage Food Law allows for gross sales on cottage foods (home prepared, baked or canned and not potentially hazardous). These individuals must register with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and complete training before selling. Register and more information from MN Farmers Market Association.
- Cancellation policy: no fees will be returned after August 1st. All cancellations must be in writing.
- No animals are allowed in the vendor area or in vehicles. However, service dogs are allowed in the vendor area.
- Bathrooms and concessions will be located nearby.
- Taco Daze will be held rain or shine so please plan for all weather conditions. No refunds will be made for bad weather.
- The Taco Daze Committee is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage.
- Stalls must be kept free from trash during Taco Daze. At the end of the day, please take your trash home.
- No alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or nicotine delivery products (e.g., e-cigarettes) are permitted within the vendor area at Taco Daze.
Information about Taco Daze and the link to the Vendor Application to download and print: http://www.scandiamarinelions.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Taco-Daze-Vendor-Application-2023.pdf
Operator Certificate of Compliance: http://www.scandiamarinelions.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Taco-Daze-ST19-Form.pdf
Please fill out and mail the enclosed Vendor Application and Operator Certificate of Compliance form along with a check made payable to the Scandia-Marine Lions Club to:
Lion Jamey Austad
21503 Novak Avenue North
Scandia, MN 55073